FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
March 26th 2021
MENTORSHIP AWARDS RECIPIENTS HAVE BEEN REVEALED
AIMCanada TNC Mentorship Society has selected some exciting Mentorship Award Nominations in categories of: Lifetime, Individual, Corporate, Student, Environment, as well as, Corporate Sustainability. Our Board is grateful for the work done on these programs since 2012.
This year, with the help of Mastermind Studios as our production company to produce and live-stream the event and the always amazing Tara Holmes as our Emcee we held the Gala event virtually on March 26th, 2021.
You can help by sharing the news, congratulating the winners, and considering making a donation to support the important mentorship support work done by AIMCanada TNC Mentorship Society. Donations can be made here: https://portal.aimfoundationofcanada.ca/fundraising-and-donations/
We would like to congratulate the recipients of the 2021 AIMCanada Student-Business Mentorship Awards and thank those individuals who nominated them.
- Kira Cheeseborough received the Student Peer Mentorship Award nominated by Leann Kopytko;
- Anneke Spice received the Student Mentorship for Social Justice Advocacy Award nominated by Dr. George M. Johnson;
- Sid Kandola and City Furniture received the Corporate Mentor Award nominated by Mahesh Mohan;
- Councillor Arjun Singh received one of two Environmental Mentor Awards and was nominated by Amit Goel;
- Ross Styles received the second Environmental Mentor Award nominated by Dr. George M. Johnson;
- General Grants received the Outstanding Community Sustainability Mentorship Award nominated by Cam Thomson;
- Councillor Patricia Wallace received the Lifetime Mentorship of Leaders Award nominated by Arjun Singh; and
- Katherine McParland was awarded the Lifetime Mentorship for Youth Homelessness Advocacy Award which was accepted by Daniel Galbraith and nominated by Leann Kopytko.
If you wish to view and/or share photos from the 2021 AIMCanada Student-Business Mentorship Awards Gala, both high-resolution and web-resolution versions can be downloaded from the following Dropbox link. Please provide a photo credit to our event photographer Matt Lazzarotto of MLAZZ Creative. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ozuoiwcx03r57jf/AABrf_eO8AF-QHdxjhZrSY6aa?dl=0
AIMCanada TNC Mentorship Society would like to thank our generous sponsors, without which this awards event would not have been possible. Our heartfelt appreciation goes out to Mastermind Studios, Adarsh Chawla with World Financial Group, Amit Goel with EXP Realty, Maurya’s Restaurant Bar and Banquet, Tara Holmes – our Emcee from Holmes is Where the Heart is Matchmaking, General Grants Recycling Centres, The Kamloops Chamber of Commerce, the Kamloops North Shore Business Improvement Association, Leann Kopytko who took the initiative to raise community funds for youth and students to attend the online live gala event and George Adregal, TRU 3rd Year Sociology student and our pre-show musician.
AIMCanada Mentorship Society is a Registered Society whose purpose is to actively engage more students during their undergraduate and graduate years in their ultimate job/career success; create an awareness in the student body on the benefits of Career Mentorship and mentoring others; to increase, support and recognize Corporate/Business Mentorship Programs and Individual Mentors within the Thompson Nicola Cariboo Region.
Resource Development Director
AIMCanada TNC Mentorship Society